SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lostlandscapes

Couple of noob questions about fruit trees

lostlandscapes
15 years ago

Hi there! Got a couple of questions. As I've mentioned before, I've got some young containerized fruit trees that I received bare root a couple of months ago. Everything is going pretty good, this has been an awesome introduction and experience into growing fruit trees. i love it! Here are my new questions.

1. All of the flowers fell off my pear. Just snapped right at the base of the flower stalk (petiole?) and dropped to the ground. This means no chance at fruit, right? Is there a reason that this happened? The tree looks very healthy in every other way. The same thing happened with my plum, except 3 flowers remain, and I can see little fruits forming in the middle.

2. My peach and nectarine are doing great. Lots of flowers (considering the small size of the trees), and both trees are beginning to already produce fruit (especially the peach, the tiny fruits are adorably fuzzy). So cool! My question about this is, is there anything I should be doing to protect these fruits at this stage? Any fruit-affecting diseases or fruit loving pests that I should begin to look out for or spray for?

I guess those are my questions for now. Thanks a lot for any advice!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH