SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bedtime_gw

New to forums - Pics of my Tropical Collection :)

bedtime
11 years ago

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to show off my beauties...

Some information: I live in an apartment about 10 floors up facing South-west in South Ontario. Currently the days have been around 0 C and cloudy. There hasn't been much sun and nowhere near the temperatures needed to let the plants sit on the balcony (15 C at a min). That aside the plants have been doing great but not at their full potential in this area.

I know about as much as is needed to properly water the plants and get them enough sun but I don't know much about repotting, cropping, and getting rid of mites and such. So I am looking for any suggestions and general info anyone might have. So if someone notices there can be improvement or has an idea for the plants my ears are open.

Btw, there are 7 plants and 7 posts as I didn't know how to properly post them...

spathiphyllum sensation -

Had this one for about a year. The latest leaves are quite small as the plant has not had nearly as much sun these days. You might be able to see some towels at the base of the plant. I just thought of this by myself and don't know if it's a good idea but it seems to keep the top of the soil from drying out. Only a few weeks after doing this I've noticed so many new roots ontop of the soil, big green ones and pure white one ones popping out. They are no longer brown and dry and crumbling, so I imagine its helping.

This post was edited by bedtime on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 11:02

Comments (25)