SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
guest123_gw

Plants or rainy weather causing indoor humidity??

guest123
15 years ago

With all the rain this winter season, it seems the inside of my apartment and now my parents' home has been more humid than usual, and I assume the rain is the cause. I also have had a fair number of plants, which don't receive a lot of water, but nonetheless are either the cause of this problem or are simply innocent bystanders. Has anyone else had this problem? The indoor air just feels a bit too moist, and seems unusually affected by the weather outside notwtithstanding my best attempts to keep air circulating and the indoor temperature relatively cool. I even had to toss out some otherwise healthy indoor plants not too long ago because I suspected them of adding to the indoor humidty and general moldy feeling. The house, on other hand, is built with plaster and is generally solid. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the plants to keep the air clean, but the result is an atmosphere that feels too moist but I'm not sure the plants are causing it. I have experienced this in an apartment and a home. Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations