SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazeaglory

Plum tree might be infected

blazeaglory
12 years ago

So about 2 weeks ago I find a bug on my 3in1 plum tree. I was looking forward to Santa Rosa and Satsuma Plums but not now. I found , what turned out to be, a glassy winded leaf hopper. Anyways now my plum tree is showing signs of plum leaf scald otherwise known as Xylella Fastidiosa Disease. I will be sending samples off to get tested of all my stone fruit. It does not look like my peaches are infected but who knows. There is a HUGE neglected avocado tree in my neighbors backyard right above my plum and peaches. It turns out that leaf hopper love to live in these types of trees. Plus the avocado looks like it has the same symptoms. Who know if this bug came from the avocado or hitched a ride from the place where I bought the plum tree. I doubt it as the avocado looks half dead. Well if the samples come back positive Im axing the plum tree. I feel so bad right now as all my energy might have been wasted. I really like this plum tree and it was turning out to be my favorite tree. Wish me luck.

Can mandarins and oranges be infected by these leaf hoppers as well? Should I send some samples of my citrus also?

Comments (10)