SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
radiantpoppy

HAVE: Deep purple torenia seeds

radiantpoppy
11 years ago

Deep Purple Torenia Seeds

Harvested this year (2012... today actually).

This is a low-growing, mound-forming, non-invasive annual. They are extremely floriferous and will crank out tons of self-cleaning blooms from spring until the end of summer. I have too many seed heads. The seeds are tiny and are located in the central sheaf of the seed head (inside the second layer). I will divide this into four envelopes and they will go to the first four people who want them. You get the seed heads because I have already separated the seeds from the chaffe from those I am saving for myself and it takes way too long to do them all - so there is some work to be done on your part. The seeds look like tiny white globes and you will probably find a few already scattered in the bottom of your envelope.

These plants prefer an area that sees a period of sunlight during the day, but not all-day sun. Mine did really well in afternoon sun. They like regular moisture and if they look like they are sputtering out mid-summer just whack the top half off the plant (leaving some leaves of course) and keep watering them and they will be back for round two of blooming like crazy.

I know that there are some states that are sensitive about plant materials so I will NOT be mailing to Hawaii, California, Florida, Alaska, or Arizona.

As I said, the first four people to let me know get the four envelopes that I am making.

I have never done this before, but I am guessing that I will need your address. The seeds are tiny enough that I am not worried about them getting crushed via stamping and thus I don't need a bubble-mailer or any stamps from you. They are totally free.

And that's that.

Happy Gardening!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County