SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trilliumfae

Recommended Reading?

trilliumfae
10 years ago

Well, since I've joined this forum a handful of days ago, I've learned quite a few things and one major thing above all - I have been raising my plants on a smidge of gained knowledge and a heap of luck and love. lol Up to this point, I'd consider myself proficient at "generalized basics of plant care". Not good enough. So I'm on the quest for more in-depth, reliable information.

I went to the bookstore yesterday to look for some good books on the subject of potted plant/house plant care. Most of them were coffee table books all about the pictures and not much in the way of information beyond the basics that I know (and some that I now question). The only book I did find (it's a small store) that seemed to know more than the generally accepted care was set in the southwest and spoke often of moving plants outside throughout the year during the day and transplanting the tropicals and succulents out of door. Not useful here in New Hampshire, a chilly zone 5 for most of the year.

Anyone have a favorite book, a favorite website where information is stated clearly? A great reference or guide? I've been trying to do more reading in the forums, but many acronyms, brand names and terms are foreign to me. Where did everyone get their start?

Comments (7)