SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holyhabanero

Kill 'em. Kill em all

holyhabanero
15 years ago

So, every year, I fight (and lose) an epic battle against weeds in my garden. I think the previous homeowner brought in construction fill because I always find shards of glass and concrete--I also suspect that's where the weeds of doom came from.

Because of various circumstances, I wasn't able to get my garden in this year, so I thought it would be a great time to kill all the weeds with reckless abandon and then be ready next year to fight them when they are more manageable.

My question for the forum is, short of carpet bombing the garden with agent orange, what can I do to kill off all the weeds (if that's even a possibility) but not harm the ground and make it difficult to grow my veggies next year. I've looked into many of the herbicides, but that scares me and they guarantee weed free for a year, which is too long, and I've heard of spraying vinegar, but I'm afraid of changing the Ph. Any ideas, recommendations?

Here's some pictures of the garden so you can get a better idea, but be warned they show graphic plant on plant violence and are not for the faint of heart.

{{gwi:88134}}

{{gwi:88136}}

{{gwi:88139}}

Comments (16)