SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wbchmura

Slight error in FAQ?

16 years ago

Hey all,

The FAQ for this section in reference to SVB's has a slight error in it. It states that when the larva hatch they are 1" long - which is not the case. I believe they are about 1/8" long and very very tiny.

Once inside and eating, I have found them from 1/8" long to at least an 1" long if they are in there long enough.

Not sure who to contact about it. People could start looking for 1" long things crawling toward the squash!

I am currently in my yearly loss of all my zucchini (its a tradition) to the little bastards. They also got at least one winter squash. While I try to get them out, I have found that even if I get one, there are typically a few others in the same plant.

I am pretty much considering giving up on them for next year, three years of this is enough. Strange part is that my neighboors don't seem to get this problem. If I do it next year, I am thinking row covers and manual pollination.

I am fairly despondent at this point. I want to keep the garden organic which does not help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County