SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl_f

ACV and Acid Reflux

cheryl_f
17 years ago

I have just finished reading every single posting on this site. I recently went to the emergency room twice in a week because the chest burning and back pains became unbearable at night. I thought it was my heart, but I have had an echo, ekg, stress test, etc. and everything came back ok except the mention of Mitral Valve Prolapse. The doctor said that it sounded like GERD. Never heard of it. I had heard of acid reflux though. They gave me this strong antacid cocktail to see if they were correct and what do you know - the pain was gone. They sent me home with a prescription for Aciphex. My insurance would not cover it so I had to go with Prevacid. I have been on it for about a week. The burning is gone, but I have had loose bowels. I got on the Internet to see what the side effects of Prevacid were and I din't like what I read. After reading the "safe" side effects I read that this stuff could lead to joint pain, chest pain, mood swings, hair loss and weight gain. Since I have been taking it, I have felt weird, - even a little depressed and somewhat tired. So, I started on my journey to find an alternative treatment for this. One note, I had noticed that I started to belch more, like my food was having trouble digesting, but I just figured that it was something that was occuring as I got older. I am in my thirties. I did take some of the ACV mixture and I experienced a little burning, but it went away (I did take a Prevacid this morning). I do not like the thought of having to be dependent on Prevacid for the rest of my life or that my body has become used to it and I need something stronger. I will try the vinegar mixture again tomorrow and see what happens although I am a little nervous. I was glad to see that people mentioned that dairy product made this flare up because I don't eat too much dairy maybe just cheese occasionally, BUT I have been drinking SlimFast for breakfast since the begiinning of Jan. so I wonder if this set it off. I will also get an appointment for further tests just to be sure. Thanks for the information contained here. I would love to hear any thoughts you guys and gals have.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions