SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missguinea

Side effects of bitters?

MissGuinea
11 years ago

I'm going to preface this with the fact I'm scheduled for a doctor's appointment, so I'm not posting here for medical advice. I just want to know folk's opinion on these herbs or whether they've had similar experiences.

I started taking a bitter spray to see if it helped with my weak digestion (Urban Moonshine brand). A few days of taking it I started having a second period 5 days after my first once ended, which I had at first thought was a miscarriage. Since tests showed no pregnancy hormone anywhere in my system, I'm starting to look suspiciously at these herbs. It's been exhausting trying to find potential negative side effects to herbs on the net, so I figure I'll ask here.

The ingredients are as follows: grape alcohol, water, dandelion root and leaf, angelica root, burdock root, orange peel, fennel, yellow dock root, gentian root, ginger root, gum arabic, and unspecified essential oils.

Any expanded information of effectiveness or side effects with these individual herbs is greatly appreciated. I understand that even herbs can have harmful side effects or not work at all. I'm not even sure if taking bitters actually helps stimulate digestion!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions