SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_h_gw

help for general allergy itching

liz_h
16 years ago

I have all the common allergy symptoms, but the one that drives me nuts is the full body itching. When out of my antihistamines, I've been known to actually draw blood with my scratching.

I'm having some allergy testing done in 5 days, so am off my antihistamine until then. It's now been 48 hours since my last zyrtec. I normally take one each evening. I've been taking stinging nettle 3x a day which has helped a lot, but I'm afraid it won't continue to hold off the itching, especially as more of the zyrtec gets out of my system.

As far as I know, the active ingredients in stinging nettle are histamine and acetylcholine. I believe itÂs the histamine that is keeping the allergy symptoms as bay. I canÂt take anything that is a natural antihistamine before my testing, as that would block the reactions that I want to show up. Many herbs, like oregano, are natural antihistamines.

If I start itching like mad in the next few days, can anyone recommend a remedy?

IÂm so impressed with the stinging nettle - and its low cost! Â that I may eventually try to control my allergies more with natural products. But right now I just want to get through the next several days.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
More Discussions