SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cena_gw

Take a look and see if I missed anything

Cena
18 years ago

on my new deluxe chicken tracktor! It is 8x4x2. There is a low level roost, but do chickens carry tape measures? So, there is a roost, just hard to see.

New to chickens, in the sense these are my first. My mom is quite the expert. These four banty hens traveled 900 miles in a guinea pen cage, from my moms lot. The three sisters are this springs hatch, and the fluffy cochin is a proven layer. All hens, all of age. The three sisters shiver, which I have no clue about. The weather today was up to the 90's. But they have shivered every since I started traveling with them. They don't shiver ALL the time, but from time to time, I notice it. They have been in the guinea cage until today, when they moved into their new digs.

Divided nesting boxes, and a hatch to feed and water.

{{gwi:47974}}
Boxes for each

{{gwi:47975}}
Top hatch for egg gathering, and a nice avocado pit just to let them know its 'cool' to lay here...

{{gwi:47976}}
All four hens, and the drop down door to trap them when moving the tractor

{{gwi:47977}}
Okay, HERE you can see the drop down door, and their biggest worry to date.

{{gwi:36817}}
The camo hen that is so tough to see

{{gwi:47980}}

There is a roost directly behind the drop door. They are living high off of 'c' grubs and kitchen scraps, so far. We have foxes, a hawk or two, possums, and that pesty kitten. She WILL invite herself to dinner, that is why they are caged. Plus I do NOT want them roosting in my tree, right ontop of my Rhipsalis!

Do you see anything I forgot, or didn't take into account?

Thanks for any input, I'm very new to this game.

I have scratch, but no lay mash yet. I have been feeding weeds, and insects, plus moving their cage regularly. They all got dirt baths yesterday... Still thinking of what they need.

Comments (14)