SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sred98

Anyone else had problems with McMurray Hatchery?

sred98
14 years ago

This is my first time posting in the Farm area, but thought I would see if anyone else has had problems with this hatchery...

We ordered a batch of 25 Jumbo Cornish Broilers from McMurray Hatchery. As it got closer to processing time we realized that they were not growing like they should. We called the hatchery, sent pics and they agreed they had sent us the wrong birds. They had agreed to give us a store credit for the cost of chicks and shipping, only.

Today, we find out that they credited the credit card for less than the cost of the birds, and no shipping. They were gracious enough to offer us a 20% discount on our next order...which won't be happening!

We are waiting to hear from them about refunding the full purchase price plus shipping.

In the meantime, instead of having our own home-raised meat, we are stuck with 2 dozen roos that we can't do anything with.

The customer service has been less than helpful and the attitude of the place implied that it was our fault for not knowing sooner. This was our first time mail ordering chicks. We will not be ordering from McMurray ever again.

Also, they advertise a "Free Rare Chick" when you order 25 chicks. Ours was a red sex-link hybrid chicken. Not even a standard breed of chicken. I guess I was lucky it was a pullet, and not a rooster.

We are extremely upset by the way we have been treated by McMurray, and how long this is taking to resolve. Has anyone else had problems with them, or did we just happen to have a bad experience?

sred98

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH