SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickenmama1

Mr. Flippers flew away.

chickenmama1
18 years ago

Our precious little mallard, Mr. Flippers learned that he cold fly about 3 weeks ago. Late Sunday evening when we got home we weren't able to find him anywhere at all. The next day we searched this place over and over and there's not a trace of him anywhere. Dogs were kept inside the house while we were gone, so we know that's not the problem. Every day ducks fly over our house on their way from one lake to another. In the morning they go one direction. In the evening they go back where they came from. We're sad, but we expected him to be a wild duck and to leave someday. He may have joined them.

Here's my problem. I have his one and only friend, Mr Flappers, who has been left here all alone, except for the company of chickens and both of us checking on him all the time. But I think I'll have to get another duck to go with him. He sleeps alone, stands and looks around alone, and his eating is off.

Does anyone know of a connection to someone with a puddle duck to sell? I don't know where to look for another one. The hatchery couldn't help me. They don't know of anyone who wants to part with a duck. Can adult ducks be shipped? Flappers is a Blue Swedish and is beautiful and so sweet. He really needs someone to love him on a duckie level. :)

Thanks much in advance if anyone can come up with some idea's for me. :)

chickenmama1

Comments (16)