SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gennym_gw

Topaz (The best muscovy duck in the world.)

GennyM
17 years ago

Hey everybody, how are ya'll? Good I hope. I'm not doing to well, though. I'm sure some of you remember Jake & Topaz. My 2 muscovy ducks. I've asked tons of questions about them and Jake and Topaz both just laid eggs and had babies and I think I told you all about it. We have a lot of ducks, but Jake & Topaz were both our favorites. Topaz was our very first duck we ever had. The duck that made us all fall in love with all ducks and get more.

We have our 2 big dogs in the back yard and keep our ducks in the front. Anyway, I didn't know it, but there was a hole that the dogs had dug under the fence some and it was just big enough for little Topaz to squeeze through and get up under to the back yard. The dogs saw her and killed her. When I went outside they had little Topaz. I am so heartbroken, she was one of our sweetest ducks. We had her for 3 years... I only wish I had been out there or had seen that hole and covered it up. I didn't even know about the hole until it happened and I looked around to see where she could have gotten under the fence at. I'm sure all Topaz was doing was trying to look for some bugs to eat. That was her favorite thing to do.

I miss her so much. I am so mad at those dogs. I am giving them to my uncle, he wants them and I don't want it to happen to another duck. But, it hurts so bad that it was our precious Topaz.

All I can do is take care of her babies for her the way we took care of her. She will always be remembered..

Thanks for listening to me..

Genny

{{gwi:41774}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH