nkessler0709

Rapid developing tomato & cuc problem!? help :/

nkessler0709
13 years ago

1.)tomato problem

{{gwi:62420}}

2.) cucumber sunscald?

{{gwi:62421}}

1.) This is my first year and im very upset! I didnt get a chance to look out today in the sunlight, but I went to water them tonight after dark, and noticed that my tomato plants all had brown edges on lower leaves. No problems that I can see otherwise. My grape tomatoes seem to have sorta folded in half on the new growth, but I donÂt know if thatÂs normal at night. I do have sevin dust on them so they look powdery, but im positive that is not a symptom. I have looked everywhere to see any if diseases look similar, but no luck. There were a few close, but there are very few "spots" and it seems to only be brown/tan from the edge and inward. This appeared within 24hr and im scared its gonna wipe me out if I donÂt do something soon!

Plant details:

*I have money makers, yellow pears, grape and red delicious (which are extremely small for same day planting), all from seed planted may 17th, transplanted around may 30th at 3inches.

*I probably do over water, but they are in *containers* and I was told in the dry heat (90-100) we have been having in mid-TN, that container gardens mostly need it everyday. I do wait until the top of soil is dry though.

*There are 3 to 4 plants per huge 40gal(ish) Rubbermaid tub, and I planted with a mix of cheap walmart topsoil, miracle grow potting soil (6mo feed) or evergreen potting soil (6mo)..and honestly a few other kinds that were on sale at the time bc it took several bags for my many containers. I made sure it had at least half of a good soil/brand with fertilizer.

*I have fed with all purpose miracle grow 2 times so far this month.

* They are all on my deck in full sun from about 8am-4pm if not more.

*I have a few clear plastic containers, and have noticed a few tiny white mushrooms with a brown dot on the top and fading into the white body (pictured in link). There has been some green slimey stuff starting in a few spots on top of my soil, but I thought (until now) that if you put soil + water + sun + foliageÂyou are BOUND to get some fungus or mold. So is this contributing or is it fairly common? I have more pictures in the link below of detailed shots.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SECONDLY...

IÂm more concerned for my tomatoes, but my matured cucumber leaves are also funny looking and cant seem to match it up with diseases. IÂm thinking sunscald which is why im not overly concerned, but can anyone verify? More pics at link below. Although the pics look to be yellowing, it is more of a loss in color to where they are almost see through. Also the white is sevin dust.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP! I also need to know what yo do, or if there is even anything that I can do. Im new and if there is something that im leaving out or posting too much of, especially too many questions, I apologize. Im just the only gardener in my family/friend circles :)

Comments (7)