SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie18_gw

Landscape Help Needed Please - zone 5.

Annie18
9 years ago

My new ranch (for me). I've recently moved in and am trying to make front yard look nice. No gardening experience. I like all shrubs, especially evergreens, but nothing too formal. I also like perennials. I planted hydrangea and rhododendrens in the island part with some ground cover junipers and some astilbe, purple coneflower, one weigela, but I have no plan and it shows. Used to have a crab apple tree, that is currently the clump that looks like a bush but is really suckers from the crab apple -- I need to plant a new tree in that spot (Came down in last winter's ice storm). I like houses that are surrounded with trees and shrubs. Any suggestions to make the house look nicer with landscaping is much appreciated. I am in zone 5 (Southern Ontario) am am also terrible with computers, never mind forums! Also, front steps have since been added with about a 4' by 4' area on the driveway side for planting, and the house side a bit larger of a planting area beside steps. There are some small shrubs currently in front of house, globe cedars under the narrow window and emerald arborvitae and other stuff I don't recognize. I'm willing to start over and relocate plants to backyard. Also I have a standard hydrangea tree in front of house, and a small Japanese maple in front (and to the side of) landing. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Comments (11)