SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_tx

Just need to vent

kathy-tx
11 years ago

Damn bugs!! I've managed a plant or two before but this is my first attempt as a grown up to have my very own garden. So I got ambitious and planted: red onions, banana potatoes (in a trash can), zucchini, jalape�os, banana pepper, Roma tomato, pear tomato, and a heritage tomato. Then came an eggplant (in a container) and I have sugar pumpkins and a Campari tomato as volunteers in the compost. So everything is doing great! Pear tomato is loaded and as they turn red the squirrels take them. So far it's like squirrels: 10, me: 0. Campari turns red, birds get the first 2. Covered them both in netting, keeps the birds out. Squirrels ate thru it.

Today after searching google, I have SVB. Great. I added soil and mulch today (oh and it's about 95 outside so thy was fun), water real good and turn around to find my collards (left from last year) being eaten. I have cross striped cabbageworms. So everything got a good dose of neem and I got a cold drink.

Why does this have to be so hard? Sorry for the long post, jut wanted to get that out to someone who would appreciate it.

Comments (10)