SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

It's Good To Be Home!

jodik_gw
14 years ago

It's always wonderful to visit with family and friends for the Christmas Holidays... but it's equally wonderful to finally arrive home after such a visit!

I hope this message finds everyone recovering nicely from a great Christmas filled with good food, the warmth of family and friends, and a most generous "Santa"!

We rolled in a couple of hours ago... and man, am I glad to be home! The main highways were clear, but the secondary roads were solid black ice, or ice with a snow covering... not conducive to good traction!

Upon entering our apartment, it became immediately clear that the pilot light had gone out on the heater sometime while we were gone! It was quite chilly! Luckily, not chilly enough to affect my plants! Whew!

This is what greeted me upon arriving home...

H. Minerva...

{{gwi:57478}}

{{gwi:57479}}

H. Pasadena, second scape...

{{gwi:57480}}

H. Sweet Lilian, second scape...

{{gwi:57481}}

Plus, there's a fat bud on a new Apple Blossom bulb! I actually think the cold helped retard the fading of the blooms, somewhat!

We managed to deliver all nine pups to their owners, most on the way up... we met up in the city of Chicago... and the rest once we landed at my son's house. We were going to keep the little dark female, Baby Emmy, but she was wanted by the doctor who bought one of the males. His kids will love and adore her, too! All got spectacular homes, though I confess... I will miss this litter more than most. They were awesome.

We spent a lovely Christmas Day watching the grandkids open gifts, and then we went to my daughter-in-law's parents' for a huge dinner! We spent a couple of extra days relaxing with my son and his family, visited with my daughter and my other grandson, saw my middle son and his woman who were down from Des Moines... all in all, a most excellent trip!

But, I'm glad to be home. I brought Maia in from the kennel, and she's glad to be "home", too! She doesn't seem to miss the babes... I think she's just glad to be back inside the house, sleeping in her own bed!

And so... how was YOUR Christmas?

Comments (7)