SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frangione1_gw

Need help with entry foundation plants

frangione1
15 years ago

Hi, there. We are relandscaping our house and had hired a landscape designer to draw up a plan that we are implementing ourselves. However, one of the foundation plants she chose is super slow growing and I really wanted to substitute something else there and was looking for suggestions.

The design has plum yew fastigiata on either side of the steps and another one on the right corner of the garage. The yews are underplanted with candytuft. Then the far left front of the house has two slightly staggered rows of snow white indian hawthorne. In front of the indian hawthornes is an area to plant annuals (or whatever I want). There is also a very small curved bed (if you want to call it that) where the walkway meets the driveway that is to have 3 stepping stones and candytuft. Anyway, I can only find 2 foot yews and they are so slow-growing that I really want to find a replacement.

I was originally thinking about other conifers, but most of them seem to either get too big or I cannot find locally. I will attach a clickable thumblink of the front of the house (sorry the right side of the garage is cut off).

{{gwi:47428}}

Comments (5)