SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawnalynn3

Deer problem...Help! :(

shawnalynn3
10 years ago

Hello!
This is my second year gardening. Last year I started this rather large garden and learned a lot! I also learned that I have a major deer problem! I figured it out after it was to late-at the time I had no idea what was happening lol. Anyways this year I am determined to actually EAT my tomatoes! However I live in the city and a really strict city at that which would prevent me from making a tall fence. I also have 3 little children and don't want an electric fence ( I also doubt the city would allow it anyways) So Im kinda stuck here.
-So far I plan to plant marigolds and whatever else I find that they dont like around the permiter.
- Ive read about spraying an egg and soap mixture around but Im not sure if you spray it around the perimeter or ON the actual plants? Im trying to grow without any chemicals etc as well.
-Ive heard about a machine that emits noises to frighten them away?
-Is there a good placement strategy? Ive attached a pic of my garden from my upper deck view.

Please could someone tell me everything that I can possibly do in my situation to keep these guys out? Id really appreciate everyones input! :)

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus