SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daiges26

24 year old Homeowner looking for Design Help

Daiges26
9 years ago

So like the subject states, I am a 24 year old homeowner of a small 1,000 sq ft ranch home in Connecticut. I've owned the house for almost 2 years now and have done a complete overhaul on the interior of the house.

Just this past fall I sided the entire exterior of the house and this past spring I attempted to do some landscaping and I am disappointed with the outcome. I've posted a picture below with my attempt (yes, I realize red mulch was a bad decision haha). The other issue that I have come across is that after moving/ replanting the shrubs/ plants most of them died due to my lack of knowledge on how to keep them alive. So on a positive note, I can essentially start from scratch. The negative side, is that I am on a tight budget but willing to spend money where it is necessary. All of the labor would be done myself though.

Due to my 70 hour work week, I ask that any recommendations would require little maintenance. I also ask for "unique" recommendations because most of the homes in my neighborhood are all similar/ basic.

Thanks for all the help in advanced!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!