SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigred_gw

I'm starting to sound like a real Scrooge!

bigred
16 years ago

I love to trade and share my seeds for sases with other gardeners but I find myself having to impose stricter rules(use to just be "guidelines")on seeds I have for sases. I do not put a limit on the number of varieties anyone can request but I've also stated above my trade page that I'm on a fixed income(and at the moment,temporarily caring for and supporting my 15 yr old granddaugther) and can not pick up extra on insufficent postage sent but I'm still getting sases requesting 6-12 pkg of seeds w/ only 1 or 2 first class stamps. Most of my "Seeds for SASES" generate 50-60 replies. My P.O. charges $1.13 for the smallest padded envelope w/2-6 pkgs., depending on where it has to go(can go up to $1.50-$1.80 if it has a way to go.)These I put the return address same as the address it's going to and then I have take them to the P.O. to drop in the outside mailboxes.I'm pretty sure my ears have been ringing from the fussing from the ones that have gotten their sases w/ postage due.I'm also still receiving request for seeds w/only plain envelope.

I know there's newbees still learning but how many of us and how many ways can we explain proper protocol(sp?) for sases. I'd hate to think I'd have to stop doing sases.

I really,really am a kind and giving person. I take care of my hub's,kids and grandkids...love my 4 dogs(even though one is a spaz and needs to be on puppy valium) and my 1 grandpoppy(DGD's dog),I teach fitness class for free when asked,bake goodies for free samples at my farmers market,do drive-by random landscaping in my neighbors yard,vol.donate and plant trees,shrubs and flowers at our local park and school for after school tutoring and I vol. our rural fire dept and first responders.

PP the Seed Scrooge

Comments (9)

Sponsored