SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soilent_green

Clear and Concise Trade Emails Please

soilent_green
13 years ago

The only problematic issue I have come upon in being on this fun website is the following: People send rambling emails asking for a trade and mentioning other things and the weather and this and that and how their flowers grew and the cucumbers didn't do well and by the way I would love some of this also and I grew this new thing and have a few seeds if you want some...

By the time I get to the end of the email I am often confused with just what they are requesting and what they are offering in return.

I set up trade emails with the usual details and then make the trade offer clear such as the following:

Tom requests from Jane:

(25) Some flower

(25) Some other flower

(15) Some vegetable

(20) Some other vegetable

Jane requests from Tom:

(20) Some flower

(20) Some other flower

(25) Some vegetable

(20) Some other vegetable

This format can then be adjusted by the other trade partner until a trade agreement is reached.

I have absolutely no problem chatting with folks - in fact I rather enjoy hearing what others are doing with their gardens elsewhere around the United States. All I ask is to please keep the chatting separate from the trade deal in the email.

Lastly, as mentioned in forums elsewhere, please state your GW nickname somewhere in your first contact email at least. It helps for future reference as well as for referencing your seed lists while the trade deal is being negotiated.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: My Seed Lists

Comments (5)

Sponsored