SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bart1_gw

What ate my Swiss Chard, Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts?

bart1
15 years ago

I have 2 gardens, one is completely fenced in and the other is a couple of raised beds. I started some broccoli and brussel sprouts in the fenced in garden and the raised beds a long while back. They were all doing well (for weeks and weeks) and then one day, they were gone! Eaten. Pulled up an eaten!

I tried to replant the broccoli along with some Swiss Chard in the fenced in section of the garden. The next morning, half of what I planted was gone! I sprayed the rest with "Liquid Fence" but a week later, everything was gone!

Even my onion plants look like they've been sampled.

I just remembered I also planted lettuce and spinach with the broccoli, and the only thing left is the spinach. So something has eaten all my Swiss Chard, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, and Lettuce but has left my Spinach alone.

What could be doing this? I didn't see any deer tracks in the fenced in garden, but I certainly have them in the area. I also have rabbits, ground hogs and moles and voles.

Needless to say, I'm frustrated and depressed. Most of those plants were started from seed so I had quite a bit of time invested and I'd like to figure out how to keep this from happening next year.

Anyone have any similar experiences? What was it? How did you fix the problem?

Thanks!

Bart

Comments (7)