SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

WHY does this keep happening to me?

I am very frustrated with seed trading right now. Okay, I started trading in the fall of last year. Everything was going wonderful. Such great seeds and traders! Gardeners are the most generous people!! But then a couple of months ago something strange started going on... I would send out my envelope and the other person would get it just fine. But their package to me would never get here. I did have one scam (the Don guy who is ripping off a lot of people on gw).

But this has happened FOUR TIMES!! The first time it happened the person was wonderful enough to send the package again, and I got it.

The second time it happened I didn't do anything about it because I had known the person from a forum and they went out of their way to get the seeds for me. And it was a large trade too...

The third time the seed trade was with a very nice newbie who was having such a difficult time with all the seed requests. They sent out a second package and I did not get it. Didn't have the heart to ask for it again.

I have just done a trade and the person got my package, but I haven't gotten hers after a week. I let her know and she was gracious in offering more.

SO discouraged right now. If all of the trades are going to be like this I don't think I want to do it anymore. It is unfair for the people I trade with to have to send out a package a second time! Hate having to make them go to all the time, trouble, and $$. I don't want anybody to start thinking I am a bad trader and trying to rip people off to get more seed :-(

Why does this keep happening to me? This isn't normal to have so many packages come up missing, is it?! I simply will not believe that the traders were dishonest (excepting that one guy). I keep an eye out when it is time to get the mail, so no one is stealing it out of the mailbox. Is something going on at the post office? What should I do?? Please help me figure this out before I hang up my seed trading hat for good. It took me a year to work up the courage to start trading. I have had such a wonderful time that I don't want to give it up, but I will if it means other people don't get an equal trade with me.

Thank you so very much for any help or advice

CMK (Christin)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor