SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Another beef-Anyone like me?

hmmm....Does it bug you if a member does not have a state abbreviation (or something similar) included in the zone box so it shows on their post?

It does me kind of because of a few bad eggs who have been banned (or just outed) and who come back with a new name).

It does not bother me so much, on seed trading, but it really does on the Plant Exchange (and other specific plant trading forums).

I just don't respond to plant trades if I am clueless where they are located. Where it might be cost effective to trade with someone in my surrounding state area and a little farther, it isn't cost effective to trade for some things if they are in mailing zone 8 from me.

Of course a little 1LB box is $4.60 going anywhere.

A 2LB box can range from $4.60 to $7.50 depending upon where it is going.

A 3LB box can range from $5.05 to a whopping $10.55 depending upon where it is going.

My PO gave me a handy printout of all the mail zones from my zip. It is available on line if anyone is interested.

They also gave me a printout of the cost to ship to all the different mailing zones. It too is available on line. I call it my ready reference guide and is a lot handier than going to the USPS site to get an idea of an estimate of the cost to ship.

Do you only trade (plants)with those closest to you? Do you 'prefer' to trade (plants)close to home anyway? Do you even give it any thought about where a member is located (when trading plants)?

I'm just having my coffee and thinking out loud this AM.

Sue

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor