SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaleeisa

Garden Web IDs

jaleeisa
16 years ago

Lately I've been having a lot of people responding to an update post or just emailing me (I'm assuming from a search) and not including their GW ID. When you email through GW, it doesn't usually display the ID, nor does it reference the actual thread, just says there was a thread at the Seed Exchange. I have to ask for the ID at that point because I do like to check the Rate and Review as well as take a look at their page to decide what I'd like to trade for as well as check for any extras to send that I may have. I've had a couple of people get a little rude, like one saying that she *had* to be a member because she managed to get my email. It's not a case of whether they're really a member, I'm assuming they are since they emailed me,its a matter of wanting to know who I'm dealing with. And whether I want to deal with them.

On the other side you have the ones who don't have any list at all up. Those bother me too. Is this just a scam ID for them? I was advised when I first started talking to folks here to at least put up a wants list. That if nothing else, it could help a member to know what I'm interested in. Another advised me to make a presence on the boards so others would have an idea of what kind of person I am and that I'm really interested in the community, not just trying to scam seeds. Both sets of advice were excellent.

I know I'm not the only one having these issues, I suppose I just get a little down at times when someone gets rude because I want to know who I'm dealing with. Another problem I have is when someone sends me a SASBE (not something I can do much of yet, but have a couple of times depending on the request and if they have anything I'm interested in) without their ID. Then I have no idea who they are. Or what seeds I set aside for them.

I'm gonna put a note about these things in my trade list, and will come up with some kind of thing I can cut and paste to update and offer posts, but I just needed to vent a little too. Sorry and thanks for 'listening' to my rambling :)

Kathy

Comments (13)

Sponsored