SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden_witch

UPDATE: Sisterhood of the Traveling Bubble Mailers! Round #1

garden_witch
18 years ago

This little Robin is just about stuffed!

First things first, the mailing order....

1 beth_b_Kodiak (AK)

2 veeja11 (WA)

3 ladyblues1965 (AR)

4 the_loam_ranger (TX)

5 abcgirltx (TX)

6 RainbowLake (OK)

7 Mellen (IA)

8 skohler (MI)

9 GrannyMarsh (MI)

10 DebbyA (IL)

11 eln2002meyer (IL)

12 hija_de_lamadre (IN)

13 FLYONAWALL (PA)

14 EarthlyDelights (PA)

15 drippy (MA)

16 scouttiegirl (NY)

17 lilylouise (NY)

18 Valiche (NJ)

19 ggwrn (NC)

20 Brittneysgran (NC)

21 amybabyboy3 (GA)

...and then back to your truly, to be sent on to Round #2! That is, of course, if we have a round two, and I think we will =) And, round #2's mailer will be sent back through the first group, to everyone who wishes to go through the robin again =) I hope that wasn't too confusing ;) I haven't finished my coffee yet, so I am not quite sure how coherent I am at the moment!

I have put together the seeds for the robin, 106 packets in all, with 73 different varieties! I have included double packs for about 1/3 of the varieties, and triples for just a few. Most of the seeds are from my own garden, with a few comercial seeds and some from "generous traders."

I will include printed instructions for the Robin in the mailer, but I wanted to post here as well so everyone can read the rules in advance.

Guidelines for exchanging seeds:

I am sure that these guidelines are like second nature to most of you, but please take time to read them!

Take as many packets as you like, but replace as many as you take! I have included three bags of seed packets, one for "common" seeds, one for "not so common" seeds, and one for special trades (rare seeds, special named varieties, and seeds for unusual plants.) If you take seeds from the "common" bags, you may replace with whatever seeds you wish. If you take from the special trade bag, I ask that you replace your selections with something of equal value.

Seeds may be commercial (store bought,) collected from your garden, or "re-traded" seeds (if you are confident of the trader from whom you recieved them.) Seeds may be for any type of plant: flowers, foliage, vegetables, tropicals, etc. You may include duplicate packets (two or more of one variety) but please keep this to a minimum.

"Standard" trade sizes will apply for this Round Robin:

For "common" seeds:

1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon for tiny seeds (foxglove, snapdragons, viola, etc.)

25+ for medium seeds (salvia, morning glories, datura, hibiscus, mallow, etc.)

10-15 for larger seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, lunaria, cerinthe, four o' clocks, etc.)

5-10 for very large seeds (wisteria, dracaena, camellia, tree seeds, nuts, etc.)

For special trade seeds, smaller amounts may be traded. Use your best judgement!

Seeds must be collected or packaged for 2004 or newer, nothing older is permitted. Chaff is expected (and sometimes unavoidable) for tiny seeds, but please keep it to a minimum for seeds that are easily cleaned.

Seeds must be securely packaged! Small zip baggies work best, and I am including a package of these in case anyone needs them for this trade. You may also use paper coin envelopes or homemade paper packets, as long as they are leakproof! Please label your seeds with common name, year collected, and hardiness (annual, biennial, or perennial.) You may include more information if you like.

Please make sure that your seeds are thoroughly dry before packing!

The Traveling Journal:

Take some time to tell us about yourself! You may be as brief or long-winded as you like. There are plenty of pages! Be sure to include your GardenWeb name, your real name, and some notes on your garden(s)! You can also tell us about your family, pets, hobbies, job, etc., whatever you would like to share! Also, use the journal to list seeds you have taken from/added to the mailer and photos you add to the CD.

You may also add decorations (pictures, stickers, etc.) in the journal and to the mailer if you like! Be creative and have fun!

Instructions for the Photo CD:

You may use the CDR to add photos of your garden, family, pets, etc. The CD should hold a lot of photos, but please keep the file size to about 300k or smaller. You may use .jpg, .gif, or any other common types of files. Be sure you give your photos names that includes your initials (i.e. "rose_sh.jpg") so we know where they came from! Please use burning software that will allow you to keep the session open, this is very important. If you close the session, no one else will be able to add pictures! Also, keep in mind that pictures on the CD are the property of those who added them, and may not be reproduced, altered, or published without their permission. I have included a SASBE for the CD, should it become damaged or otherwise unreadable. If this happens, please email me right away and return the CD to me. I will try to recover files if I can, and burn to a new CD to be sent to the next person in line. If you fill the CD or accidentally close the session, please include a new blank CD, but keep the full one in the mailer so that others may view it. Also, you may want to scan the disc with antivirus software before and after you add your pictures, just to be safe!

Exchanging Gifts:

I have included a few small gifts that may be exchanged. As with the seeds, take what you like and replace what you take! You may include extras if you like, but please be considerate of your fellow Sisters' postage costs! The gifts you send need not be expensive or extravagant. You may include either "store bought" or homemade items. Gifts should be something relatively lightweight and somewhat garden-related. Some examples would be small garden ornaments, bookmarks, note cards, small knitted or crocheted items, candles, teas or coffee, decorative plant markers, etc. I have wrapped the gifts I am sending, but I have given a clue to what they are on the tags. You may do the same, or leave them unwrapped.

Something special:

I have included a special gift for first person in line, and would like each of the Sisters to do the same for the person to whom they are sending the mailer. Again, this need not be anything too expensive, but something special and from the heart. Some examples would be a packet of seeds from their want list, personalized note cards or stationary, a few of your favorite recipes, etc.

Instructions for mailing:

I have included a mailing label for each person in the Robin. On the back of each Sisters label is their GardenWeb ID and their number in order of mailing. There is also a list of addresses in the printed instructions. You must send the Mailer by priority mail with delivery confirmation, and you may add insurance if you like. After you send the Mailer, please post on this thread with your confirmation number. After the mailer has completed its travels, it will be sent back to me.

I plan to send the mailer out to Beth on or about January 6th, and will post as soon as it is on the way!

I want to thank each and every one of you for joining and making Round #1 the start of something wonderful!

Also, if you are just reading about this trade for the first time and want to sign up for round two, please check out the original post. The link is below.

Shannon, aka Garden Witch

Comments (149)

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow...the package arrived today! You did get it in one day!

• eln2002meyer
    18 years ago

Wow is right.....

I apologize for the delay in posting. The robin has arrived safely and is ready for its next flight. My dad is in intensive care and I have been running back and forth to the hospital an hour away. aaaagghhhh..... He is 85 and doing remarkably well and I think that he will be fine.

Debbie, I absolutely love the little birdhouse. I know exactly where I am going to hang it. It is just darling. What a great gift!!!!!!!!

I had a great time with all of the goodies, I spread them all over the floor and then spent 5 hours tonight looking up seeds and reading the journal and looking at the photo album. Those Ice sculptures are awesome. I did add a new cd with just 11 of my photos. I have not had time to figure out how to post to the website.

As you can see it is now 2 AM and I am running back to the hospital tomorrow, so I will end this. I plan on stopping by the post office tomorrow and will post confirmation ASAP.

P.S. My husband works for UPS so he thinks we should use them next time... LOL

Shannon, I am sending you a separate package, I couldn't fit it in the box. Thanks for doing this.

Debbie......can you share how you do that with your name?

Ellen

• Related Discussions

update: wow where did you get that? round robin

Q

Comments (72)
    I want to thank you all for participating in my Round Robin. I hope you all had fun. Maybe we can do it again sometime. I know I have enjoyed reading what everyone was receiving. Treasa, Fedex ground probably would have been cheaper than US mail. Diene, Yes fedex "ground" takes about the same amount of time as Parcel post...but most times costs less if shipped from a fedex station (not a mail boxes etc type location) and the tracking on fedex is much better and the insurance does not cost anything. Where USPS mail charges for both tracking and insurance. FederalExpress (not ground) is really fast but costs much more. I love the new USPS flat rate boxes. A specially marked flat rate box is only 7.50 priority. Cant beat those prices.
    ...See More

update: acres edible swap and acres tomato pepper swap update

Q

Comments (26)
    Howdee there Awesome time off with the hubby. We had a lovely well deserved vacation on the coast. My mom has a house in Crescent city and she is always wanted me to come and use it but hubby and I just love Gold beach. I am so happy all the mailers are getting back home and with such speed. I only host these two swaps and they are more fun each year. With this being the 10th year for the Acres Edible swap I really wanted it to be out standing. In past years there has been trivia and awards and such fun. Perhaps next year :) Now its off to sort seeds from my seed orders for my garden season. I will start my tomatoes and peppers, eggplant etc. next month. I grow about 200 extra plants each year and sell them locally. With the 100 assorted plants I start each year for my self for my garden it sure becomes a jungle in the green house. Happy gardening Acres
    ...See More

UPDATE: Traveling bubble mailers ~ round one wrap-up party!

Q

Comments (7)
    Shannon, this was my first RR, although I've done many swaps. You did such a fabulous job organizing it, and I think that's what made it go so smoothly. Hope you enjoy your spring, and good luck planting out all those WS seedlings - I know I'm going to be a busy girl for the rest of the summer. The offer to type the journal still stands - after this coming weekend (20/21), my schedule opens up a lot - I'd love for Beth (and all the other early players) to be able to see what the rest of us wrote - IMHO, it was the journal in particular that made this really special, although there were lots of nice surprises. Kudos, lady! And have a happy Mother's Day yourself! :)
    ...See More

UPDATE: 11,100 Traveling Daylilies Group

Q

Comments (101)
    Happy New Year + 1 day everyone. I had to work yesterday. Usually New Years day is slow ... it's the eve that tends to get busy, but we were busy busy busy. Marea, keeping my fingers crossed that you find a job now that it is 2009. Dianne, I can't see the picture this morning, maybe it will show up later for me. We had some sick ones in my house this week. DD was sick Mon, tue , got better just in time to celibrate new years eve. Then hubby got it. Both kids were out for the new years eve and I was hoping for a nice romantic hot tub with him ... not to be. I spent New years eve taking care of him. :o) We got a new camera for Christmas, the old one is literally falling apart. Now I have to figure the new one out. Karen, so exciting you have a plant trying to bloom ... seems like a little miracle! Shirley, I love the leaves of the arum italicum. I tried growing it one year since they say it can withstand zone 5, but I think it is too cold here for it. Sadly it lasted 2 years and then withered away. We don't get much snow here, so lots of freezing and thawing going on. Paul, Fantastic that your Dolphins are in the playoffs. I'm hoping for a turn around like that for our Lions. My hubby plays the fantasy football too. He says he ended up 7-6 ... won $2.00. LOL Oh, and the people that own the dog we are watching for 2 years are back for a month, so my baby is going away for a while. sad sharon
    ...See More
  • eln2002meyer
    18 years ago

Wow, where is everybody? Are you all outside? Or maybe just enjoying the weekend....

So here is the confirmation number 0305 2200 0001 0738 2287

It flew from my nest today at 1PM....

Jennifer, I hope you enjoy it. It was great fun.

Thank you again and again Shannon... You did an awesome job.

Ellen

• hija_de_lamadre
    18 years ago

I am so excited! Been waiting a long time for it it seems.

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm here! I want to let you all know I am sorry I haven't been posting much, but I have been watching the progress =) Thank you all for "traveling" so well!!

I myself haven't been feeling the best lately. I finally got myself to the doc this morning. DH has been sick as well, and I had been so busy helping him get well, I kinda neglected to do the same for myself... I probably shouldn't do that =) At least we can comiserate, we both have a similar problem, sinuses. A few weeks back we had to take him to the ER (phone calls at work when you work third are never a good thing...) because he couldn't stop vomitting and he said his head "was gonna explode." We finally got in to see our family doc after a couple weeks of run-around and rescheduling. The doc told him that his was caused mainly by allergies, so I have spent the past week dusting, vaccuuming, and de-cluttering. Any one need a few dust... I mean, dreamcatchers??? hehe =)
    Anyway, the doc told me this morning that my problem was most likely viral with some secondary infection issues... ugh! I just want it to be summer, no more colds!!!

I did get outside and thoroughly enjoyed the weather yesterday =) I also found that a few of my winter sown containers are starting to sprout, two weeks earlier than I expected! I started clearing out the old leaves and other debris from my perennial beds, and hauled about a half dozen wheelbarrow loads of wood chips to the big corner spot I tilled up last fall. I have already decided that this will be my "Angel" garden, right off the deck where I can enjoy it =) I also plan on making my big perennial bed an all herb garden. I got a lot of work to do, better get better soon! I also have a string of gallon jugs about ten feet long on the porch, waiting to ge used for my daturas, tomatoes, etc. =) I haven't winter sowed in about a month, I'm falling behind! Well, DH did the dishes today while I was sleeping, so the kitchen is ready for me, I better get to work!

• hija_de_lamadre
    18 years ago

I got it!!! Finally. I am so glad. Thanks eln, I love the windchime, it is really cool and not like any of my others. I am going to check over everything this evening and maybe tom (probably Weds) get it back out.

• eln2002meyer
    18 years ago

wow that was really fast.... I mailed it Saturday afternoon, I didn't think the mail moved on the weekend... I am glad that you liked the chime...
    ellen

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

two more and it's finally to me. this has been one of my most anticipated robins thus far!

i can't wait :)

• hija_de_lamadre
    18 years ago

Hi, wanted to let everyone know it went out today. As soon my DH gets back with the # I will post it. Earthly sent you an email explaing your gift from me too. I added several new seeds and extra gifts for you to choose from.I have added he numbers and amounts. Approx here is what is in it.
    Special trades
    not so common
    common
    35?
    Forgot to write them down before I packed and sent it.
    Oh and 7 gifts.(plus one for Earthly)

• hija_de_lamadre
    18 years ago

OK # iss...........
    03052710000307514794. Definately want to do this again. Had great fun. (although the waiting was killing me.)

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

good morning.....

just a note to let you know the box did arrive. i'll go through it tonight when i get home from work. when i saw it this morning, i was so anxious to call in, but i am the "call in" so that wouldn't have done this company or my reputation any good. i was running behind so i didn't even have time to grab the journal or the cd. booooooo hoooooo

i thought there were two to go, and now i see FOTW opted out a while ago.

this robin has been a real anticipation for me - i'm sure that's all i will think about today!

will post again later. just wanted to acknowledge it's receipt.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

hija,

i never received an e-mail from you. please send again so i understand,

thanks.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

okay, me again...sorry

(see, it's hard already to work!)

the link to the album is not working....did it change?

thanks,
    maryanne

• ladyblues1965
    18 years ago

Just wondering how many more befor the robin goes back home for the start of round two ?
    I cant wait!! I was early on in the rouster and now I am excited to hear what everyone else has written .
    Please someone tell me its killin me LOL
    Kelley

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

hello everyone. i am almost ready to send this out. i am having a hard time with my computer at home and i have just about another 2 dozen to look up - i'm not only researching growth pattern, etc., but the pictures, and that's where my computer starts freezing up. i apologize for the delay. i've been sneaking it here and there at work when i can, so i'll try to finish up tomorrow and get it out friday but if not, definitely saturday morning.

there are sure a lot of seeds in here i never heard of. also, some that i would think are common aren't and vice versa.

i loved reading everything written so far. shannon, what a nice little treasure you will have in the end.

the pics are marvelous. ellen, i love your property. and beth, what a wonderful assortment of pictures. i'm copying some of my own to a disc and will include that. i don't want to run the risk of intruding on the two in the box.

i would also like, if anyone has it, the link to the album. and jennifer/hija, if you are reading this, i still haven't gotten your e-mail, so i have no clue what you wanted to explain to me, or what gift you placed for me.

be well all, i'll be back in a day or two to post confirmation.

very well done shannon!

maryanne/earthly

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

the box is packed and ready to go. i'll post confirmation tomorrow after i return from the post office.

nice assortment of seeds, was hard to decide. all my information is posted in the journal.

as for the gifts, per hija's email to me, there was nothing in particular set aside for me, rather just to pick something. i did take two things - one a small garden flag and the other a bumble bee planter.

i placed my own cd into the package as i didn't want to run the risk of adding it to the one included and I AM STILL WAITING for the link to the rest of the pictures. someone, anyone? can you provide it?

thanks.

it's on it's way to drippy in MA and i placed a gift from me to you, that is clearly marked. hope you enjoy it :)

• drippy
    18 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up, earthly - I'll be on watch for it!

• drippy
    18 years ago

The robin landed here today, safe and sound - thanks, Earthly! I won't even have time to open the box til later tonight or tomorrow, so I'll post again after that.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

gald to hear it landed. took longer than it should have, i think.

has anyone heard from shannon recently? come out, come out where ever you are!

• drippy
    18 years ago

Hi, all - I'm sorry to have taken so long to respond - I just finished my lesson on Mozart's Dice Game for a big all-day festival we are having tomorrow. I have managed to lose three or four pounds in the last few days by not having time to eat very much - wish it would stay off, but it probably won't.

Anyway, I opened the robin box, and discovered the lovely hummingbird feeder and special seeds for my music garden that Maryanne enclosed for me - very thoughtful choices! I have chosen and replaced seeds from all three seed pouches, and have read the AWESOME journal. Shannon, if you would like, when it comes back to you, if you want to send it back to me, I will type it up and email it to everyone so that those who were near the beginning of the robin will get to read about all their sisters. I will write my own entry when I get back from the festival tomorrow.

I have not yet had a chance to go through the photos, and hope to before I send the robin on its way.

I have a special gift for Heather (scouttiegirl), and some other small gifts to enclose. I haven't decided on whether or not I will take a trade gift yet.

This was a wonderful idea, Shannon - for me, the journal makes it very special. We sisters come from a variety of places, both geographically and experientially.

Heather, I am leaving for this festival at 7 a.m. and the post office will be closed by the time I am finished. I apologize for having this so long, but barring a tornado (no tornadoes predicted), I will have this on the way to you Monday morning. I'll post a confirmation number at that time.

Thank you, Shannon, Maryanne, and all the sisters who shared their stories and seeds.

Kim (drippy)

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Kim. I am really looking forward to reading the journal. How very kind of you to offer to type it up for everyone. Shannon this was the best idea for a robin! ~Heather

• drippy
    18 years ago

Heather, the robin is in flight. Delivery confirmation # is 0305 0830 0003 1397 2600. Have fun!

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Howdy Garden Sisters, just wanted to let everyone know the robin has landed. I have had a chance to open it and take some things out and add some things also. I want to give a great big Thanks to Kim. I love the dragonfly windchime you sent. It will be a very welcome addition to our 5 senses garden. We have been gathering things for the sound part, and it will fit in perfect. Thank you also for some of my seed wants. Gonna start them tomorrow. I took out a few packs of seeds for now, once I get more time I may take a few more out. I took out 2 gifts besides Kim's and have replaced both and also added a special gift for Lil. I will be sending it back out Friday as I haven't gotten a chance to go through the journal and pictures. I plan on sitting back with a cup of Joe tomorrow while the kids are at school to do some reading. Will add my own 2 cents and pass along. Will post then with deliv. number and such.~Heather

• drippy
    18 years ago

Glad to hear it arrived safely, Heather. Our Marion post office is just the greatest; I've never had any trouble getting things to people in a timely fashion. Also glad you liked the wind chime - if you ever get out for a visit to Cape Cod, I will show you some of the great country stores we have.

You will just love that journal.

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Hi Girls, the robin is on her way again. The delivery conf # is 03050830000395405072. Ruth you may even get it tomorrow as I only live about an hour and 1/2 from you.
    I had so much fun reading everyone's entries in the journal. I included my own picture disc, as I am clueless as to adding my pics onto someone elses. I also have dial up so would take to long to add them to our on-line photos. Could someone give me the link to that? My pictures are of befores and afters, as well as many pics of my flowers and also of my daughter's zoo garden. Hope eveyone enjoys looking through them. This robin was so much fun and I am happy I was apart of it.
    Kim I'll take you up on that offer anytime. Cape Cod is my favorite area. Once the kids are a bit older we would like to start taking a yearly vacation to the area. Your a lucky girl to live in such a place. I just love everything New England style. Especially the cottage houses and gardens.
    Hope the remaining sisters enjoy the robin as much as I did. Happy Gardening to all~Heather

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

kim, what a kind and wonderful gesture. i received your card in yesterday's mail. you sure are one class act!

maryanne/earthly

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello Sisters =)

I am still here, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth yet!! I have been in the midst of chaos here, but I have been reading all of the updates through my email. Thank you all again (for the eighth or ninth time!) for keeping this robin going so smoothly! In just three months The Mailer has traveled from the far, far FAR northwest to the east coast =) We are three-quarters of the way through!!!

Anyhoo, I thought I would let you all know that I am just fine, I have just been incredibly stretched thin lately. For starters, DH came down with a very bad sinus infection, bad enough to send him to the ER. After about six hours, a CT scan, and a load of IV antibiotic, they sent us home. About a week later we got a note from the family doc to come in to discuss the results of the cat scan, then got rescheduled about three times. We were waiting and waiting for him to see the doctor, all the time worrying that there might be something else on there besisdes the infection. Well, DH finally got his appointment, and no tumors or anything =) They just needed to follow up. Our family doc told DH his main problem was alergies and refered him to a specialist. I have been working like heck to get rid of any "dust collectors" around the house, keeping things extra clean, etc. He had his first round of tests last Monday, and so far we know he is alergic to various weeds, dust mites, grass, and tree pollen. We are really dreading that the specialist will tell him he is alergic to cats, we have five. But, now that the weather is better, a few of them can venture outside now and then =) One thing the specialist told him, I had to laugh... They told him to get rid of any carpet in the house if possible. He installs carpet for a living. Getting him away from carpet would be a bit out of the question!

So, I know we have a few winter sowers in the group... anyone else got sprouts??? hehehe! About a quarter of mine are showing green! I have about 320 containers out so far, and will keep sowing for about two more weeks. Then I get to start my veggies in peat pots =)
    Summer is coming!!!!

Well, I have to get going for now, but I will be back =)

Shannon

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

Hi all,

Heather, you were right on. the package arrived on Saturday just as you predicted. However I wasn't here to catch it. I just picked it up at the PO. Wow! It's a lot to take in right away. I'm astonished at the variety of the seeds offered. I'll make my selections tomorrow and send it on its way by Wednesday to Valiche.
    Thank you Heather for the darling ducks! They are precious! The extra seeds are greatly appreciated. I have a bare spot where lupins would fit perfectly.
    I'll post when the box goes out.
    lil

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

Hi again,

I had a strange experience with the photo CDs. I tried earthly's and couldn't see anything.Then I tried Scoutie girl's and my computer just froze. The only way we got it to work again was to go back in time in XP to yesterday mornings settings. Too scared to send them on to others, I've decided to mail all three back to you Shannon. Maybe you can upload pictures to the webshots site.

BTW the link to the album was posted on Jan 24.
    The box will go today to Valiche.
    lil

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

sorry to hear that ruth, i copied sooooo many pics. i guess everyone's system works differently. and thanks about the link. tried it several times and it wuold come up blank for me, or page no longer available, then i cheated and tried it from work and i got to see them all. my computer is sometimes finiky, usually after someone else has used it.

shannon, glad to hear from you :) i was beginning to worry. i sowed not one seed for winter sowing this year. had all the dirt, all the seeds, all the containers. i had so many bulbs to plant adn i'm still not done. now i am planting all the iris a wonderful gardener was so gracious to dig, tag, wrap and send. now i'm waiting on my daylily order. seeds took a back seat. i'm putting some things up now, hope i have some success.

i too would be interested in hearing all about the others that followed me. maybe the journal will make its way around again?

so ruth, what seeds tickled your fancy?

be well everyone, spring is here :)
    maryanne/earthly

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

Valiche that confirmation# is: 0305 2710 0001 3361 8468.

Earthly, I was really hoping to see your shining face in one of thise photos!!!

I took the pink poppies-I hope they are the kind that I can sprinkle around out in the garden and then have them bloom and come back year after year.
    I also snagged the following; candytuft,stargazer lily, a couple of datura,feverfew, the toad lily, night scented stock(my mom had this,I think), the gopher spurge, blue flax, the ornamental corn and the gilia tricolor( I don't what this last one is, but what the heck). Anywoo, Thanks for a great robin it was really fun.
    lil

• Valiche
    18 years ago

Hi y'all. Got the robin on Saturday. Just getting around to posting since I've been so busy with winter sowing and planting out. It's been so nice lately. Will be sending her back out no later than Wednesday. She's really nice and plump!! Thanks for the gift, Ruth. I love bunnies.

F.

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow, just three Sisters left!

I got the photo CD's in the mail the other day, and will take a look as soon as I get a chance. We have been remolelind the dining room for the last couple weeks, and the 'puter spends most of its time under drop-cloths lately. We are making the front porch part of the dining room, I think its going to make a nice spot for all of my house plants in the winter, just don't tell my husband that! Well, he is the one that didn't want them all in the living room anymore =)

I will post more later!
    Shannon

• Valiche
    18 years ago

Just got the Robin off this morning. Get ready Ginger. Here's the confirmation#

0303 2460 0000 9833 8517

She's packed to the gills with goodies. Thanks for doing this again Shannon.

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Wow! Only three more to go to make round one complete!

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

I received the box yesterday. I've picked out several packs of seeds and a couple gifts. Valiche, thank you for the cute key hider. My son has to climb in our kitchen window at least every couple of months. Maybe the key hider will help (if he puts the key back after he uses it). I'm still working on reading the journal. It's very interesting reading about everyone. I'm planning on getting the box in the mail tomorrow.

Ginger

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Great =) Two more to go!!! I will be sending out an email with info for round two soon and inviting a few more Sisters to join us.
    Now I am just dying to read the journal =) I can't wait to see what you all have written. Kim (drippy) has offered to type it all up for us and I think I may take her up on it if its not too much work ;) I was thinking it might be fun also to have a group for us all, probably on MSN. I think it would be neat for us to have a spot to hang out in cyberspace =oP

Also, a big thanks to Ellen for the lovely journal she sent me =) I had been thinking of buying one like this for myself! I had bought one for my pal in the garden circle exchange, but didn't get one for me =oP
    I will try real hard to get the photo cd's uploaded this weekend if my puter will read them, I promise! We are in a lull as far as construction goes right now, so I should have some time. Plus, I took Friday off work, so the weekend starts for me tomorrow morning after work! DH's best buddy is visiting too, so he should pretty much ignore me all weekend, yea! I might even get some of my WS sprouts planted. We did have a frost up here last night, but I'm not too worried. As long as my sunflowers are not all toast, I don't think I will get too emotional about it ;) My tomato sprouts survived a freeze after sprouting on Easter, and if that ain't hardy, I don't know what is!

So much to do and so little time =) I need to get my tiller up and running again and do some terra-forming! The allergy doc told hubby that he is allergic to grass, I told him not to worry! Mwa hahahaha ha ha hahaha ha ha!!!!
    He bought it, so he has only himself to blame if I till up the whole darn yard ;)

Have a good one, girls!
    Shannon

• drippy
    17 years ago

I'll be happy to type the journal, Shannon! :)

• lace
    17 years ago

Oh my this sounds like so much fun and a great way to get to know the ladies better. If Im not too late please let me know what I need to do. I wanna play!!!!!!

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Yeah I got the box, I got the box. I went home at lunchtime and there it was on the porch. Can't wait to see what goodies are inside tonight. Will get it back out as soon as I can.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Amy the box is headed your way.
    Confirmation No. 420 31024 9101 0385 5574 9767 4219 54

I found a daylily and a hosta from your want list so included those for you. Enjoyed this swap and loved reading the journal.

Thanks Shannon for a fun swap.

Shirley

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Shirley, I am looking forward to receiving the robin. Thank you so much for sending those plants How WONDERFUL!!! Cant Wait!!! Amy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Whoooeeeeeee this Robin is in the home stretch. It seems SO long ago that it was here in Fairbanks Alaska. I love the idea that someone is typing up the journal so we can each read what all the others wrote.
    I'd also love to be at Shannon's house when that Little Bird comes home. What a party that would be. I'm looking foreward to reading about what the Robin brings home from his trip.
    Amy bless your heart for all the patient waiting you have done. I know you must be excited to finally have the robin visit you. How nice, and appropriate that Shirley sent you some real special goodies. You deserve an extra star for waiting so long.

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

Can I get in on round 2? I have alot to share and really love these robins!

Thanks for considering me,
    Kelly

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

I'd love to get in on round 2 also, if there's room. This looks like it was a really fun swap.

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Shirley, the box arrived yesterday and we were out of town until late lastnight. . Thank you so much for the daylily and hosta I will get them planted today. I am so happy!!!!

Shannon,
    I am going thru the box this weekend and will send it out on Monday. SOOOOOO many seeds to look through!!!!!!!YAYAYA. I will post again on Monday. Thanks so much! Amy

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Shannon the package is on the way to you. Thank you for hosting. del confirmation# 03052710000115762967. There are plants inside for you and there is another special gift for you from me along with your other gifts from pals. The journal was so much fun. I feel like I know everyone a little bit better. Shirley that you again for my plants I am so happy with them. Take care and hope everyone is growing a beautiful garden. Your gardening friend, Amy

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The mailman has dropped a garden-bomb on my doorstep!

I want to thank all of you for joining in! Words cannot say how thankful I am to have all of you in my little trade and as friends, old and new =)
    I have just barely begun to look everything over, I think it will take me a week to read the journal! I took a quick look-see, scanned over a few pages, It's going to take a while!

I will post again later, when I have time to go through everything, but I just wanted to send you all a big thanx and bigger hugs =)
    Shannon

• hija_de_lamadre
    17 years ago

I am so glad it made it home. I definately would love a copy of the rest of the journal. Hope there is a second round. Would love to join. I was having problems with all my computer through so muich of this one. I feel like I missed so much of it. Glad I got to read some now. I had to replace both CD drives and the power supply.

• garden_witch
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Looks like this thread is just about maxed out! I started a new one, the link is below...