SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fespo

I think I have to give up on gardening

fespo
16 years ago

Hello all, I received some bad news today in the mail about my garden. I rent garden space behind my house from the gas company, there pipe line is in the back of my property. Well after the thiry years that the garden has been there and the last 6 that I have been working it, everything has to be remove by 4/27/08. All my grape vines, fruit trees, blueberrys, raspberrys,blackberrys,my 300 plus onoins, 200 plus garlic ete ete. I have added so much to the soil, compost ( homemade ) by the truck loads, sand just last fall, over 30yds. Peatmoss by the truck load when I was getting free. I even made three raised beds to stop the wash out,total garden size is about 100x50 Im so upset that its not even funny. I know its there land and my fault for doing so much BUT I was hoping this day would never come ;( Now to top it off I had shoulder sugery 2 months to the date and I cant dig anything. I trying to round up friends and family to help but on shrot notice it hard. I even have all my firewood stored on there too and that has to be moved!!! So much for a good garden this year. they say 2-4 weeks of work and 2 weeks to regrade. That just made me y day

Comments (14)