SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tootall123

Fall Garden 2010 (SWC buckets)

wayner123
13 years ago

Hello all,

Thank you all for your help so far. I have been reading and reading and reading. I am sure I will still make mistakes, since this will be my first "garden" since my childhood when my Dad had a quarter acre of different crops. I had planned to go for 15 buckets, but decided to go ahead and scale that back to around half in order to get a feel for things, and then I can double it in the spring. I started with the UF Gardening Guide and planted veggies that they recommend for my zone around Aug-Sep.

So far I have:

2 buckets - Landreth Green Beans

2 buckets - White Acre Peas (white crowder)

1 bucket - Dwarf Summer Crookneck Squash

1 bucket - Early Prolific Squash (straight neck)

I plan to do 2 more buckets. One with Golden California Wonder Bell Peppers. And one with Regular (red) California Wonder Bell Pepper.

I started all but the peppers in paper towels with a weak solution of chamomile tea (thanks Byron!) After a night's soak I then transferred them to solo cup's with Jiffy Mix seed starter soil. The peas surprised me at how quickly they came up. I started the peppers in the jiffy peat pots.

So it begins...

{{gwi:49095}}

{{gwi:49096}}

{{gwi:49097}}

Here it is all put together for now:

{{gwi:49098}}

I'll try to keep this thread updated. Thanks again to everyone's help and I hope to have a good harvest!

Comments (9)