SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gypsygirl_ky

Healing garden ideas?

gypsygirl_ky
16 years ago

I have been uprooted again and left behind my beautiful yard and 4 years of hard work and seed planting. I only mourn the loss of my yard. However, I now have 2 acres in the country bare ex cept for a few hostas and some 75% off shrubs and plants I got a month or so ago. I have decided to plant my yard to help old emotional wounds heal. I have a great life now, two boys (5 and 2) and a great husband, but old sadnesses still linger sometimes. I am going to exorcise those old demons by getting good and dirty. (before this life I had years of every kind of abuse imaginable, neglect, sadness and even a period of homelessness. 2 years ago after my youngest was born I lost a man that I loved like a daddy and got so depressed that I cant remember much of that year.) My resolution this year is to build a garden that can help me heal and make me feel good even on the bad days. I want my boys to have fun in it.

Here is the point, I have nothing to start me out so I am open to ideas. Please tell me a flower or flowers that mean something special to you or that make you happy in some way.You can share why or you dont have to. I did manage to bring seeds with me (some) and I will plant what I have and what I trade for on here. I will also look for some of the plants mentioned here and try to get them too. The people here have been wonderful and I will think of all of you when I am planting my garden.

Those of you with warm weather, send some this way. It was 2 degrees this morning, yes 2 degrees. I have spring fever, but no spring, lol. Lots of snow though. 2 acres people, I need a LOT of ideas. I use driftwood and natural landscaping and am a gypsy gardener (meaning I toss plants left and right and plant them where they land, no rows or order, gardening to me is fun and spiritual, there is enough order in this world, I dont want it in my garden. ;0) *HUGS* to all, especially those that need one.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider