SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stylin_gw

Hmm...Help w/ unique design issues restrictions - All Hardscape

stylin
17 years ago

Hi All,

For a while, I've been lurking, searching and reading all forums. Tho I've learned a lot and have been able to narrow down exactly what I'd like to use the space for (outdoor living and dining room for personal lounging and etertaining). I am still quite stumped and have now realized that it is b/c my needs are quite unique (I think) and very low maintenance.

I am a renter in Brooklyn, NY. I have an almost square space of 13.8 x 11.2 ft and a budget of next to nothing ($300), but on the good side I have collected most if not all my garden furniture. The money has been set aside for gravel, pavers and later container plants. Next summer I will have a budget to add/personalize more. I do not want to plant/grow anything unless it's in a container, so no lawn or ground plantings.

I'd like to come up with a creative hardscape(?) design using strictly (mostly) gravel and pavers that accomadates an eating area (my patio table is 43" dia) and a conversation area that has a 3 seater couch/bench and coffee table. I'll be doing all the actual work myself. My supplies will be from Home Depot, Lowes or garage sales. Was thinking of a small dining deck in the corner using pallets -just an idea. The plan is once the base design is complete, I can look in the other forums and use container plantings to add plants and flowers etc.

Ideas, tips etc would be welcomed. I'll be trying to create a blueprint to work from (I can't get the program from bhg.com to work). By no means am I here to "leech", but in my readings/research it's not quite a job large enough for a designer. But if you do know of someone who would be willing to do 3 mock ups for $40, I'd gladly pay...

Thanks all in advance...

PICTURES: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Stylin/Backyard/?sc=6

PS: If I've posted in the incorrect forum (I've also posted in Japanese gardens), pls direct me to the correct one

Here is a link that might be useful: Backyard photo Album

Comments (14)