SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedee_2008

Long Driveway/Flag Lot

deedee_2008
15 years ago

Hello all,

I am in the process of purchasing a flag lot, upon which I will be building a new home. The driveway is 250' long x 10' wide, and the entrance is directly between two houses. We are going to check with our neighbors to see if they are amenable to us purchasing a few additional feet to make the driveway wider, but for now let's assume we only have 10' in width. I love that the beautiful private lot, and that we are so far away from the main road. However, I want a pretty way to spruce up the entry to our lot, and separate us from the two houses. I would love to plant some trees or shrubs along the way, but our driveway will be so narrow as it is, that I don't really have space for planting. I was thinking that a large arbor would be make a beautiful entrance. However, it would obviously be bigger than the average garden arbor (it would have to be fairly tall too, as my husband has a work truck with a rack). I'm wondering (a) what are you thoughts on this - am I way off base here? (b) where could I start looking for what I am assuming must be a custom made arbor - nurseries? (c) Any other suggestions for my driveway?

Thank you!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting