SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadygarden_co

What to do when landscape co. doesn't finish job?

shadygarden_CO
17 years ago

I hired a landscape company to renovate my back yard. I do really like the head guy, but he says he'll be here to finish the job and then doesn't call or show up. He was supposed to start on June 5th, didn't show up or call. I finally got hold of him and he said he'd be here the 6th, then cancelled that and came the 7th, worked about half a day, came back the 8th and worked about 6 hours.

Then the next week he didn't come and didn't answer his cell. Finally, after I called the company number, the owner called back, apologized profusely, said the contractor was very ill, had told one of his workers to call everyone, but that didn't happen. So I waited all last week, and then last Friday he showed up with a crew of two (it has never been more than that), a young guy and a woman, both very nice and personable. I pretty much worked alongside them. They worked about 5 1/2 hours or so, and came back Monday, the 19th. I baked scones for them and then worked alongside them, doing pretty heavy work. He said they'd be back yesterday and today to finish up. Haven't heard from him and he doesn't answer his cell.

Meanwhile, I ordered ownroot roses to be here on the 8th, which is what he told me to do. We had agreed that I would order the roses (nine of them) because I wanted them to be own root. They are for the most part just waiting to be planted, although I planted one.

This is getting rather long, I realize, so I better close except to say that the drainaage problem he was supposed to solve still needs work. The good thing is I haven't paid him anything yet.

Does anybody have any idea what I should do? I'd very much appreciate any advice.

Comment (1)