SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anney_gw

So, what's your gardening plan for the weekend?

15 years ago

For many of us gardening southward, this will be the weekend we finally set out some plants we've been hardening off. For those a few hundred miles north, it will be next weekend if the weather holds.

So what are your plans?

Yesterday I set out several of my container plants, two tomatoes, New Big Dwarfs, a container of cilantro, and two Jupiter pepper plants, hoping the container soil stays warm enough that the peppers don't languish. Today I ran out to Home Depot to get more general all-round fertilizer and then to the nursery supply for another bale of ProMix BX. I still have six more containers for my deck to fill and had run out. I'll also use the PM-BX to mix in my planting holes for tomatoes and melons. We have nice rich clay soil, but I like to provide a root cushion for the plant roots that have to spread after being set outside.

Tomorrow I'll set out my 12 "main tomatoes" and plant some pole beans if the soil is around 65. May have to wait on that. I'll put down black plastic over the bed where my melons will be planted next weekend. Plenty to do, huh?

Comments (21)