SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summiebee

Ideas for privacy landscape along a narrow property line?

summiebee
17 years ago

We have some neighbor issues. I will not go into detail, but I have way more children in my yard than need be and no provacy what so ever. Our decks are right by each others and we feel like we are in a fishbowl. Something's gotta give. Our property is pretty large, but we have a large home on it. On their side we need something that will give us the privacy to sit on our deck and enjoy ourselves without having an audience. We need whatever it is to not be too large like large pines, but provide a screen of sorts and grow somewhat solid to keep the children in their own yard. We have considered a row of arborviate on raised beds that would begin at 7 feet high on that side and then on the other side a large mounded bed of pines, grasses and then other perrenial flowering shrubs etc. As the neighbors on that side are older and keep to themselves and that would be enough to block in our back yard....issue is we would have to take the row of viates to the street on the more narrow side. Are their other options that I or the landscaper is not thinking of? Everyone seems to think (besides a fence) this is the best option.

Comment (1)