SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summiebee

One more time with pics, property line landscape ideas...

summiebee
16 years ago

Of course in a developement we have some neighbor issues and the fact we are on a rounded corner on a pie shaped lot leaves the backyard open to everything. I have a neighbor on each side. The side that my deck is on is where I'd like the most privacy, the property line is narrow and all any landscape designer has been telling me is arborviates. I know that will block the neighbors, but I am not sure fond of coming onto my deck and seeing all green. I am not sure how some small pine type pines would look staggered with some grasses and shrub type roses plantes about. Would that give enough privacy?

Here is the property line in question..

my home is on the left and my deck faces neighbors deck...not how the neighbor behind has a row of viates as a screen planting along his drive...

{{gwi:32023}}

here is the line looking from one property line across my yard to the other

{{gwi:32024}}

here is from the back to the street on the side where the viate were going to be...we will be taking any landscape to the STREET to keep children in their own yards and so we can go onto our deck and not feel like we are in a fishbowl.

{{gwi:32025}}

The other side we plan to take the landscape halfway to the street (to the first flowering tree you see) We had originally planned a bed with 4-5 pines in it with some ornamental grasses for this side and I could plant some favorite flowers or rose bushes as I wanted at my own pace.

{{gwi:32027}}

this is a pic of the side from the back of my lot

{{gwi:32029}}

So what to do now? I would like to get this going asap. I am in NE Ohio and it's planting weather here...or so they say...We just need privacy and our yard to ourselves. No visitors without invitations.

We also drove around today in some older neighborhoods and the ones that have teh arborviates are HUGE. I mean bigger than the homes. I did not like the look of that for the future. We have three estimates for what we thought we wanted on each side, but now we are unsure.

Thoughts, ideas? Dh and I are just really upset with some issues as of late and I'd love to have some creativeimout to take to someone and make it all happen and soon.

Thanks SO much for taking the time to read this. We are just drained with it all at this point.

Summie

Comments (24)