SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilynshipley

Indoor Baby Seedlings Won't Stand up!

MarilynShipley
11 years ago

Hi There-

I'm not new to gardening, but am new to seed starting, and my seedlings are doing terribly. I took pictures of the worst ones, which I killed, but even the ones that seem healthy otherwise won't stand up. Whatever is happening to the ones I took pictures of keeps happening to all of the smallest seedlings I have. They're in a seed starting mix in peat pots under grow lights. The lights are a couple inches away from the plants, and I leave them on 16 hours per day. I water when the soil feels really dry with a spray bottle turned to a fine mist setting. I keep a fan on them because I read that helps them become stronger. I keep it between 60-75 degrees in my house. I'm thinking I'm not watering enough (I was scared of over-watering, maybe I over-corrected), or maybe the fan was a bad idea. I spent a lot of money on materials and lights, built a shelf system, and put a lot of work into this, so I'm so disappointed! I would appreciate any feedback at all. I'm new here but this seems like a very helpful community.

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:

http://forums.organicgardening.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/4551006287/inlineimg/Y/sad_plants_small.jpg

Thanks!

Marilyn

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21