SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meadowdreamer

Oy Vey! I need encouragement!

meadowdreamer
12 years ago

My husband and I decided to do container vegetable gardeing because our backyard is on the small side and there isn't 1 spot that gets a full 6 hrs of sun. So we are able to move them around during the day. I followed the advice and guidelines for containers and got the perlite, compost, bone meal, etc., mixture, and oh my we really racked up some cost!! Yes, this our first "attempt" at vegetable gardening. I have grown Bradley tomatoes before but that's all. I am just terrified after all that cost they won't grow. Anyway, I just need some encouragement on this money I just slapped down. HAHA!! I read that next year we can reuse the mixture in the containers. Just add a little bit of everything back to it? Please say that's the case...

FYI: We bought 1 Cherokee Purple tomato plant, 2 Bradley tomato plants, 4 cucumber plants (2 in each container), 1 Okra plant.

We have pleanty of mixture left for a few more veggies. If you know of any other's that are great in containers please let me know.

Thanks fellow gardeners!!

Comments (7)