SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beesneeds

Wedding Favor Help Please

beesneeds
12 years ago

Hi.. Not sure if this is really the right spot for this or not, but here goes...

I'm getting married next May. We are getting married in our yard, and I want to have some seed action for the wedding. Mostly for guest favors. There's a couple things I want to do, and so I'm asking everyones advice...

Scattered on the tables I want to grow catgrass in recycled cat food tins. Where can I get a goodly bit of catgrass seed? I usually see it by the packet, but I'm sure I will need a pound of the stuff or more.

And I want to make up a bunch of "garden in a jar" favors for everyone to take home. Make up a ton of little sample seed packets, and stuff the jars with a garden of seeds. Sort of mini newbie seed kits for everyone.

What I want to put into all the jars...

tomato that's not red

red tomato

sweet pepper

hot pepper

radish

carrot

spinach

lettuce

bean

cucumber

parsley

dill

basil

marigold

nasturtium

So asking advice on this list. Is there anything else I should include? Are there any varieties in particular that you think would be great?

I kind of need to start shopping for seeds this year in order to save up enough to really make this favor idea work next year. So any advice or suggestions anyone can shoot my way would be great!

Thanks!

Comments (11)