SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjsee_gw

My japanese Maple bed--a year later!

mjsee
17 years ago

Some of you may remember this bed---thought you'd like to see how it filled in. I moved one of the hostas--and added some additional heuchera. I also added three Hakonechloa macra 'Aureola'--it finally came in at the nursery where I work.

The angles are a little different--sorry about that. I realize the color is very different in these photos--must have been the time of day--or perhaps the difference between print and digital. The earlier photos were taken on film, the current photos with Elder Son's digital camera.

I STILL don't care for the edging on this bed--one of htese days I'm going to pull it out and replace it with low mortared rock edging--to match the wall. That was the original plan--we ran out of money. Oh--and please ignore the ripening daffodil foliage in the bottom picture. Those are coming out as soon as they've finished ripening. Headed for another bed...

last year:

{{gwi:28444}}

This year:

{{gwi:28445}}

Last year:

{{gwi:24384}}

This year:

{{gwi:28446}}

It's coming along. I'm astounded at how much everything GREW this spring. I expected things to get bigger--but they just took off. I'm not declaring this bed "done"...but I believe it's improving. What do y'all think? You KNOW I can take it!

melanie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH