SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drexler_gw

Ok, another DIY under a maple tree

drexler
15 years ago

I have 2 maple trees in front of my house. They sit between the sidewalk and street. The base of the tree is humped up and I would like to make it just a little more pleasing to match the front of the house. My idea is to scrape the grass and sod down as far as I can till I hit the roots. Then lay some brick pavers over top to make them nice and flat. No one can park by the trees since the curb is "humped up" to where the passenger can't open the door.

I have an area between these 2 trees where concrete was poured to the curb. But, they left another 6x6' patch of grass there. I would love to landscape this area but I know that people can get out of their cars here so I'm going to pass on that idea. My goal is to not bring the lawn mower down over my stone wall to cut this. I was just looking to brick the whole thing.

What have others done to landscape under their maples so they don't have to cut the grass? I guess I have to worry about the salt truck in the winter cause thats where the snow goes from the plow and the sidewalk.

Comments (2)