SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annnettem

Suggestions for my tropical/serenity garden changes w/pics.

annnettem
15 years ago

I had this garden done about 3 years ago and now that everything is fully grown in it has lost appeal. Everything is looking crowded to me and the path is looking too wide, no? I would love any thoughts about how I may improve this space. I have since started adding furniture since it was intended for a private space for entertaining a few friends when the hubby and I want a quiet quant space for small dinners and relaxation.

Here is the path that I think needs to be narrowed and less stepping stone width wise so I can allow more planting space on the side beds...there is also the evergreen ground cover on the left side of the steeping stones that are covered in pics. Can I replant these thinned out on a more narrow path or will I kill them after 3 years of being established?

{{gwi:27967}}

also, the bamboo water feature is now covered on the left by the overgrown bushes which I am considering having torn out, thoughts on tearing these out for more sculptured bush similar to something in the following pic?

here on the right side the garden/planting space seems so thin from the wide path, no?

{{gwi:27968}}

Here is a better picture of the left side which has a beautiful sculpted tree that blooms the more beautiful tiny purple flowers, but you can only see a bit of the branch in the picture, sorry..would have to take other angle picture:

{{gwi:27969}}

so...any suggestions on how to make this space more serene and less crowded or are my ideas pretty much on the right track?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (4)