SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanjeanie_gw

Suggestions for border of back & side yard?

jeanjeanie
15 years ago

Hi!

We recently bought our first house and I am completely new to any kind of gardening or yard work. I'm hoping for some suggestions of what to do to create a better privacy screen along a chainlink fence on the west border of our yard. I see there have been lots of similar postings already to this forum, but I'm particularly interested in suggestions for what to do when there are existing plants to consider...along the fence on the neighbor's side there are some plants lining the fence, and on our side we have a huge cherry tree with some smaller plants around it (hydrangea, lavender, and some other bush type plants - azela??) that come close to the fence. Basically I want to be sure I don't plant something that will wreak havoc with existing root systems, or die under the summer shade of the cherry tree. And ideally something that won't lose its leaves. Our patio is close to that side of the yard and ideally i'd like it to feel a bit more private. If anyone has any suggestions I would really love to hear them! (bamboo? creatively placed tall, bushy container plants? maybe even a decorative fence or other structural feature?) thanks everyone. we are in western washington, seattle area.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz