SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbellotti84

Fertilizing Question - Tomatoes and Peppers

sbellotti84
10 years ago

Hey everyone!

Just a follow up from last year regarding fertilizers again. I've read the comprehensive guides already, just wanted some clarification though.

This year I'm growing a bunch of tomatoes and peppers in 10-gallon GeoPots and I had some questions regarding fertilizing. I understand the basics but my concern is regarding how much (volume) do plants actually need.

For example. I've read how people go about fertilizing and watering and some people say that you should deeply water your container plants so that water comes out the bottom, then fertilize by mixing a solution and giving a cup or two to each plant. Some people water and fertilize at the same time i.e they mix their solution at whatever strength (let's say 50%), then water their plant that way.

If anyone could help clear this up I'd be very very grateful. It seems very simple but it's racking my brain!

As of late, a few of my plants are showing interveinal chlorosis. I'm growing in ProMix BX. How would you recommend I remedy this? I'm leaning towards Iron deficiency...then again, all my plants are in the same medium...perhaps a sign of over-watering?

Fertilizer Liquid organix 8-6-6

8% nitrogen
-2% ammoniacal nitrogen
-1%nitrate nitrogen
-5% water insoluble nitrogen
phosphate - 6%
potash - 6%
calcium - 1.3%
sulphur - 2.7%
cobalt - 0.0010%
molybdenum - 0.0119%
sodium - 0.3%
Derived from: Fish, sugar beet extract. molybdate sulphate, cobalt sulfate.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting