SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bless578

problems w/ corn and cucumbers,other

bless578
13 years ago

I have several questions. I have(had) most of my containers on the porch, that receives partial sun/ shade. We live in Southern California.I water my plants every day. I moved some of my containers in the sun, after I thought they don't get enough sun:

It seemed to get worse, from 3 beans the one closest to the sun had 2 leaves completely white and dry nup w/in a day and the cucumbers that had very light leaves got worse too. I moved them back and added a strong fish emulsion yesterday.

2.I had bought cucumber seedlings from the nursery. They got some fungus on them, so I also moved them in the sun. At first they seemed to be fine. Yesterday I added a strong fish emulsion to them also and ( I think I moved them more in the sun yesterday or the day before). But today they were completely dried up, so I had to throw them away.

What did I do wrong?

Is it tricky to move plants to another location?

I know tomatoes need a lot of sun, but what is enough or too much?

I also have some corn I asked about last time w/ brownish / light green leaves. I added also a strong fish emulsion yesterday and did not water at all today, bec the soil was still moist.

I was wondering, if I should just plant them in the ground, would that help w/ the light leaves?

It would be a little bit more sun. I planted corn at the same spot in the ground and they look great and also grow much faster than all of my container plants. I mixed some compost w/ some top soil in our clay soil.

Thanks for you help

Comments (12)