SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigoledude

Wanted; Pomegranate from LA, FL, AL, TX

bigoledude
16 years ago

I am posting this offer specifically to gardeners from the Gulf Coast for a Pomegranate tree.

The reason I have posted for these locations is because, historically, Pomegranates have not done so well here in SE Louisiana. It seems they are not too fond of high humidity and or wet feet.

LSU's kind and patient "experts" have informed me that I would stand a much better chance of success if I managed to get a plant or cutting from a Pomegranate grown in a similar humid/hot environment. Of course, from a tree that reliably sets fruit.

Pomegranates grown in the dry states of California and Arizona just have not been able to cope with this "Gumbo" humidity as well as the regionally grown trees.

I am willing to be very generous in this trade. We are just rebuilding from the flood of hurricane Katrina. We did not save one plant from our beautiful gardens. We would love to have 1 or 2 Pomegranates in the new yard.

I have the following plants;

Several amaryllis, sun tolerant caladiums, parsley, Sago palm pups, rain lilies, fig cuttings, Mondo grass, Liriope, Aztec grass, Asian Jasmine cuttings, Sweet potato vine cuttings (ornamental)

Seeds I have;

Tomato; Better Boy, Super Sweet 100, Cherokee Purple (Heirloom), Black From Tula (Heirloom), MariannaÂs Peace (Heirloom), RIESENSTRAUBE, KELLOGG'S BREAKFAST

2 Bitter Melons, 3 Asian cucumbers, 6 sweet peppers, 2 summer squash (bush) 3 summer squash "Tromboncino" (vines), 3 eggplants, 4 melons, New Zealand and Malabar spinach

I have an even larger list of cool-season seeds. I have a few perennial and annual flower seeds also. Just send me an email if you are interested.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!