SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcpyburn

Question about geraniums in windowbox

jcpyburn
18 years ago

Hi,

I am wanting to do a window box planting with my new scented and fancy leaf geraniums so that I can bring them in and put them on my inside kitchen window that gets lots of sun overwinter. My question is this, is a windowbox that is about 8 inches deep, 8 inches from front to back big enough to grow these in and they will be healthy and thrive? Also the windowbox is about 48 inches long. How many geraniums could I put in there lengthwise and they would still be okay. I don't want to crowd them too much but neither do I want just two in this windowbox. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know if there would be a problem with me planting different types together? You know kind of like how people say that two different types of mint will 'morph' into a mix of the two? I know that mint will kind of take over but will I have a problem with my geraniums?

I know this is a lot of questions but I really am trying to find a good solution because I have to overwinter these in the house and I only have one room to do it in because they require so much sun!

Thanks

Carly

Comments (2)