SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Metal arch allees for kids area

lavender_lass
14 years ago

Okay, so allee is a little french, but think two metal arches lined up to form a tunnel. I have four arches total, so I want to make two tunnels. I want to grow climbing peas, pole beans and cherry tomatoes on the arches. (I'm trying to stay with things that will not hurt if they fall off the vine and hit a child on the head.)

I got a combination of three types of cherry tomato seeds...Sweet Gold F-1, Supersweet 100 F-1 and Sungold F-1. Will these get tall enough for the arches? The package says they grow 5' - 7' tall, but I wondered if any of you have tried these cherry tomatoes? Have you planted them by arches? I thought I'd tie them to the arches with those green dyed pieces of cut up nylons. The different colored cherry tomatoes and the green and purple beans should look great, if it works out the way I hope.

The potager forum is kind of slow right now and the gardening with kids forum is a ghost town, so any help you all could supply would be GREATLY appreciated! I also have baby pumpkins, but I have a really cool structure for those to grow on :)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH